All Over the Place


The past week was one of the hardest I've had in a very long time. October, you're not really upholding your end of the bargain--except for the weather bit. Things are much better now than they've been, but it was pretty rough there for a while.

And so, I present a collection some thoughts and things from the past week. It's not really coherent, but I feel that's the most genuine way to depict my week:

My life got significantly better the minute I purchased a pair of chelsea boots.
At about noon everyday, I start to think, "I cannot wait for this day to be over."
Can every Friday night end with a hydrating face mask and good long Pinterest session?
Everybody should go listen to rose ave., the album by you+me. I'm all over that mess.
There are few feelings as satisfying as putting away the last of your freshly laundered clothes.
Hot chocolate is the best thing in the whole world.
Early morning breakfast with my father. Doesn't really get better than that when you've had a rough few days.
One week ago today, I had a sobbing breakdown on my bedroom floor.
I'm really grateful for the priesthood and priesthood blessings.
Long phone calls with my siblings do wonders for my sanity.
Also, understanding professors make the world go round. I could have kissed her.
Florida State football is taking years off my life, but that was a great way to end Saturday night.
Also, I'm making good on my resolution to like pro football. Doing my research.
The TV show Smash really had some great music.
Midterms are really hard. Turning them in feels like you've been set free.
My boss might be an angel. She's just the best.
Also, work is way more fun when you have someone to work with. I used to be the only one on my shift, which is nice but kinda boring.
I've officially lost all of the grace and poise I had as a dancer. I hit my head on my car when I was getting out of it this morning and slipped in the shower (didn't fall though!).
Today is gonna be a great day. I can feel it.

image via

3 comments

  1. No woman your age needs a hydrating face mask.
    Early morning breakfast is always a good experience, with Dad or not, if the breakfast is hot.
    Chocolate EVERYTHING is better than something else. But hot chocolate is the best.
    Slipping in the shower is for young people. They have balance and don't break.
    Are those your brothers hiking socks? Love ya, AL

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curtis, everyone but Dads know that a hydrating face mask has nothing to do with need and everything to do with comfort. What planet are you from, anyway?
    -Uncle Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so real, and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.