What do you say, October?


October, I hope you're good to me.

I know that I haven't always been good to you. In fact, I had pretty much decided that you were my least favorite of all the months. I openly admit my distaste for your champion holiday, Halloween. You usually involve midterm papers which aren't exactly enjoyable. I'm not really into pumpkin. I usually want you to pass as quickly as possible in hopes of getting toward Thanksgiving and Christmas sooner.

But this year, I'm going to try. I'll go to a corn maze (nothing "haunted," mind you. don't get crazy). I'll eat something pumpkin flavored. I'll definitely wear sweaters and boots and scarves and turn my sleeves into little paws. I'll put on makeup and wear jewelry (or at least a watch). And I will savor as much of you as possible while I work on school, work, church, and all the other things that come my way. And I'll stop bad-mouthing you (though, I won't pretend to like Halloween).

In return, I would like cool enough weather to warrant my cute outfits. I'm also requesting successful classes and good times with friends. And a really attractive man, if it's not too much to ask. That'd be great.

What do you say, October? Have we got a deal?

image via


Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.