Lately


After looking for one for AGES, I finally found a first edition of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire in a used bookstore.
I went to a bridal shower for one of my favorite people.
In a moment of panic, I called a friend for a priesthood blessing and felt relief.
I perfected mascara on my bottom eyelashes.
I ate Doritos for the first time since middle school.
I went kayaking for the first time.
I also got the mother of all sunburns, which lead to two sleepless nights, two oatmeal baths, and several days of aloe and lotions.
I took a calligraphy class, and I'm officially obsessed and practice pretty much every day.
I read The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney (meh) and Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo (loved it). Currently reading The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah.
One of co-workers keeps coming to me for "prayer requests." At least once a week, there's something I add to my nightly prayers for her.
I had a massive clean out of my email, social media, dropbox, cloud files. EVERYTHING. It feels AWESOME.
I read this piece about biting my nails, and quit cold turkey. Amazing.
My heart has broken a few too many times this month. It's a pretty crazy world right now.


Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.