Around Here

Found this picture while cleaning out my phone. Not sure what it is, but I really like it.

Everything is coming together. It's been a long time coming and I'm happier than I can say about it. And so I present (some of) the things that made me happy over the past week or so.

Shakespeare.
Dinner with one of my best friends.
The word "gumption."
An evening with the Smithsonian Libraries where I got to look at a leaf from the Gutenberg Bible, a copy of Benjamin Franklin's "Experiments and Observations on Electricity" from 1751, and Edward Jenner's study on cowpox.
Narwhals.
Chicken and waffles.
A productive and spiritual dinner with the sister missionaries.
A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. Also, seeing the play at Ford's Theatre.
A pair of sky-high stilettos and a pussy bow blouse.
Long conversations with an old friend.
Writing in my journal.
Christmas lights.
Lipstick.
Cadbury's Dairy Milk Chocolate.
My family.


Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.