People That I Love


I don't know how I got so lucky to be a part of my family, but I will always be grateful for it.

My mom came to visit me this month and there were a few moments where I found myself struck with how grateful I am that I get to be her daughter. Over Thanksgiving, I got to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law for what felt like the first time in a long time. These two experiences got me thinking a whole lot about how lucky I am.

I'm grateful for a family who love each other very much. I'm grateful for siblings who ask my advice, who remind me to be brave, who make me laugh, and who quote movies no one else has seen. I'm grateful for parents who love others and are kind, who taught their children truth, who always set a wonderful example for us, and still like to do fun things with us.

I am well aware how fortunate I am to be surrounded by this family of mine, and I'm thankful for it every day.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.