S U M M E R


Alright, I've been slacking on the blogging front lately, which is foolishness because the minute I opened up this white box, I started smiling without even thinking about it. 

It's officially summer, ushered in last night with a real thunderstorm and it made me happy.

This is an important summer. For the first time since I was four years old, this summer will be the first that doesn't end with a school year (at least, not as a student). I'll finally be one of those people who's planner doesn't run from August to July. I'm trying to figure my life out, which involves lots of tears, phone calls, prayers, emails, meditation, and general exhaustion. I keep thinking that for how much work this is, someday it'll make a great story to tell my kids.

On top of that, I've definitely got summer-fever. Is that actually a thing? I think so. I don't really miss Florida that often, but I certainly do in the summertime. I miss beaches and barbecues and flip flops and Tropical Smoothie and afternoon storms and Wakulla Springs. I'm heading back home at the end of the summer, and honestly that trip can't come soon enough.

This summer's gonna be a long one. Hopefully a good one. Definitely a Brave one. And I'm gonna have to work my tail off.

Here's to summer.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.