An Indulgent Saturday Lunch


On Saturday, I decided to take my time.

I woke up early but later than I usually do. I went grocery shopping and to the post office. Then I came home and cooked myself an indulgent Saturday lunch. Bowtie pasta with chicken and bacon in an alfredo sauce. Something my mother cooked a lot when I was growing up--one of my favorite meals.

It felt good. I haven't cooked a real meal in a long time. It was the perfect break in my day. I left my phone upstairs. I did all of the dishes immediately after and then went upstairs to take a shower and clean my room.

I've maintained that slow pace for the rest of the weekend. It's been nice and calming before I start classes this week. I know I won't always be able to operate like this, but I'm hoping this semester will be full of many more indulgent Saturday lunches.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.