Rubbish at Life

One of the students at work gave me this note. Made my day.

I'm absolutely rubbish at life during finals.

That sounded quite British. Not gonna change it.

It's like I'm in this battle with everyday things, and life is consistently winning.

Take last week for example:

On Tuesday, I literally wore my pajamas to work. Added a flannel and some boots; no one even knew. Wednesday, I lost my car keys and almost had a panic attack. When I finally got to school, I realized I forgot to eat breakfast. (I did, however, find a bag of pretzels in my backpack leftover from my flight at Thanksgiving, so I guess we all know who the real winner is). Both my bedroom and my car are absolute nightmares. I cannot seem to keep either of them decently clean for more than 4 hours. I didn't use a dish other than a water cup and a mug the whole week. And I ran out of toilet paper.

Also I don't get people who sit right next to you in the library when you clearly have 15 books you'd like to spread out and there are plenty of vacant tables in plain sight. Seriously, bro?

But I'm almost done. I'm currently in the library, working on the second of three final papers and then I'm off to Florida for two weeks. Prayers are appreciated (it's gonna be a rough few days still).

Back to work.


Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.