Fall 2014: A Reflection


When I was at BYU, for my job we often had to write reflections. I guess it's kind of a habit now.

My semester ended earlier this week, and I've been hesitant to try and sum it up.  I don't really think it's a secret that I've struggled the last four months. In retrospect, taking on a full course load and working was definitely not my best decision. And, if I'm honest, that was just the beginning of my poor decisions. While I was able to correct a lot of these errors, most of the consequences were still playing themselves out until this week.

I did it. I survived. I turned in my last final and I felt like Scrooge at the end of A Christmas Carol. I returned my books and then bought  myself a milkshake.

I had to re-learn some things. I had some pretty honest conversations with my professors and my boss. I can count on one hand the number of fun things that I did this semester. My Sunday planning sessions (yes, I am that person who plans out everyday of the week) became more and more meticulous. But I figured it out slowly and next time, I'll do things different.

Until next month, I'm enjoying my break and getting ready to do this one last time before I graduate.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.