In Love with Lipstick


Alright, y'all. I'm in love with lipstick.

It's been coming on slowly for a while now. I read and watch a lot of beauty bloggers/vloggers (this lady is my FAVORITE) and I always want to try out the things they talk about.

Here's the thing: I don't really wear makeup. Every morning, I put a little concealer under my eyes, curl my eyelashes and add mascara. If I'm breaking out, I'll cover any spots, and on especially good mornings, I bust out a tinted lip balm. Full face makeup is almost exclusively reserved for Sundays and evenings.

I started wearing lipstick to church this summer, and it was growing on me steadily every time.

Then Halloween happened. I was Rosie the Riveter, because all it involved was a blue blouse, a bandana around my head, and a red lip. And while that particular red lipstick wasn't my favorite (read: slipped all over my face even with a lip liner), I kind of loved it. I loved the way I felt wearing lipstick.

And I wanted it to happen again.

It doesn't have to be bold. It doesn't even have to be noticeable. But when I swipe a little lipstick on, I just feel . . .  I don't know. Sassy? Confident? A little MORE somehow?

I'm not really sure why, and it has taken me by surprise, but I really really like it.

image via

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.