An Indulgence


Late night blog posts are some of my favorite. They feel like an indulgence, like the kind of thing I really shouldn't do but I can when I'm feeling rebellious. This is about as rebellious as I get. This and the very occasional Dr. Pepper.

Tonight, I'm snuggled up in fleece-lined leggings, socks, and a flannel. I've had a cup of hot chocolate and planned out the week ahead and done my evening skincare and said my prayer. Now, all I'm looking for is an excuse not to go to sleep, which is ridiculous. I know my alarm will come too soon tomorrow and I may regret it. But tonight, I like just being awake for a while without something specific to do.

And it's quiet. No music, no videos, no dogs next door. Only my typing (I am that person who always types really loudly, even in the library). It's good. It's really, really good.

Here's to being rebellious.

image via

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.