Targeted


Several months ago, a stranger stopped me in Target. He told me I looked familiar and asked where I went to high school. I told him that I went to school in Florida, and we definitely didn't know each other. He told me he was a student and in a fraternity and asked if I wanted to come to a party that night. At this point I was more than surprised; this had never happened to me before and I was kind of rattled. I declined and then hurried to the checkout line (Target trip successfully ruined).

About a month ago now, the SAME GUY stopped me in the SAME TARGET. He told me I looked familiar and in my head I thought, it's cause we've done this before about 6 aisles over. He once again told me he was in a fraternity and invited me to a party, which I once again declined. It was a quite strange and, this time, a bit unnerving. I guess Target is his place.

Just yesterday, my school sent out a "safety alert" to the entire student body about a registered sex offender who had been reported near campus. He was impersonating a student and had told people that he was in a fraternity, and the girls who reported it said that he "engaged in communication that they feel is harrassment." When I googled the name, wouldn't you know it, he was my friend from the Target.

So that happened.

Thank heaven for good judgment and the Holy Ghost prompting me to be safe.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.