The Wanderlust


Wanderlust: I'm feeling it. Since my little trip to North Carolina for my family reunion earlier this month, I've been wanting to get away again. I've been so tempted to just up and go away somewhere. I have about 11 tabs for Amtrak open on my browser at any given time. Virginia's great, but I'm kind of over it right now. I just want to get out.

I haven't been to the beach since March. It's entirely my own fault; it's not like the ocean is that far away.

I want to go.  I want to sit on a beach with a book and a waterbottle and a pair of sunglasses and stay there for the better part of the day. I'll bring a sandwich and some Cheezits and bury my toes in the sand. I'll remember to bring sunscreen and reapply every two hours.  I'll get there before everyone else, so I can pick the perfect spot and claim it.  Maybe I'll fly a kite....except I don't think I can get it off the ground by myself. I'll try not be bothered by the others who show up, I mean it's not like I own the beach. It sounds rejuvenating and wonderful.

I'm not sure why, but I think I just need to get away.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.