Letters to People


To the woman in Bath and Body Works who walked in, doused herself in Cashmere Glow and then sprinted from the store: You made me laugh out loud in public. Thanks for that.

To the man whose car I rode in this week and played Marvin Gaye's Sexual Healing: You've got confidence and no shame whatsoever. That much is certain.

To the person who locked the door to the stairs at my office building the other day: That's actually a fire hazard, and if there had been an emergency, we could have had a serious problem. Let's think things through next time.

To the girl next to me at the crosswalk: I promise I'm not creeping. Your shoes are just insanely cute and I can't look away.

To the outgoing WDI guys at work: It's way to quiet without y'all. Come back. Also, Randy, you left your Battlestar Galactica games in the storage closet. You'll want those.

To Rachel: You are killing it in those overalls. And you might be the best Spotify DJ of all time. Thank you.

And to Jorey Hurley (who created the above print): You make beautiful things. Thank you for the inspiration.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.