A New Routine


Alright, y'all.

I did it. I finished my first year of graduate school. Hallelujah!

Now that it's over, and I'm trying to figure out a new routine.  Last week, I started a new job.  And to be honest, it was the least stressful job transition I've ever made.  Except that I don't know how to make coffee, and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna have to learn now that we got a new coffee machine. When the scariest thing you have to do at a new job is make coffee, I think that counts as a win.

The most stressful part is the commute into DC every morning. I'm experimenting with different methods and times; I have been quite early every single day, and I start at 8 AM.  I'm enjoying my little stroll from the metro stop, though not on the days it rains. And the weather is getting pretty warm now, so the stroll might go down on my list of favorite things fairly soon.

It's kinda nice to have a reason to be up first thing in the morning that doesn't involve writing a paper before class.  And it makes the weekends that much sweeter because I don't have to set an alarm.  I get off work in the early afternoon, so I'm pretty much planning on spending my afternoons doing awesome things.

And I love my new job.  I like the people I work with.  I am definitely the baby of the office; I'm excited for the day that I'm not the youngest one in the room since that seems to always be the case right now (also, this morning at CVS when I stopped to buy cold medicine, the cashier didn't believe I was over 18 #typical). But nobody cares that I'm young.

It's just great.

And I'm just great.

image via

1 comment

  1. Happy that you're happy. You know, I'm a girl that just loves school--like you--but I have found the most unexpected satisfaction and fulfillment (big words in our early twenties) in working somewhere I really love. I'd love to hear more about what you're doing.

    And I get the young thing. I'm currently the youngest person on my team of thirty people by six or seven years, and I feel like I'm always trying to make up for it. But really, no one seems to care or even notice that much.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.