People Watching


This morning I left for school much earlier than usual. I generally can pack in a few hours of working at home before I get distracted and decide I should really go somewhere better suited to helping me focus. Today I woke up and was out the door in 45 minutes flat and headed to campus.

Now that I've been sitting at this table for a few hours (and under an air vent which I didn't realize until I was entirely situated and far too lazy to get up and move) people have begun filtering in around me.  They smell strongly of coffee even though it is nearly noon.  The girl who just walked past has perfectly styled hair, and the boy holding her hand carries a few books. The next table over is empty; the last person left it in search of an outlet for her computer. And the employees from the office around the corner keep taking trips to who knows where, their lanyards and ID cards swinging around their necks.  Most everyone has a phone out and their jeans are rolled up to just above the ankle.  My jeans are rolled up too.

And there seems to be a collective happiness that it's Friday.

image via

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.