Attempts


Yesterday, I attempted to write this blog post a bunch of times.  Not one produced a fully-formed post. Usually, I have a pretty clear goal or something I'm really excited about sharing.  Apparently, I'm excited about too many things right now. Instead of choosing one of the ideas and beginnings I had, I'm just including several of them. And you might see something similar to #5 very soon. Enjoy.

Attempt #1:
A few months ago, I read a book.  On page 3, the narrator shared that "during Job Week in fifth grade, I told the class and the teacher that my career goal was to move to New York, wear black turtlenecks, and sit in coffee shops all day, thinking deep thoughts and making up stories in my head." That was the instant I knew this book and I were going to get along. We did for a while. Then that book and I had a nasty break up.

Attempt #2:
I have once again reaffirmed the idea that it is impossible to be upset while eating ice cream.

Attempt #3:
MoreLoveLetters.com is the sweetest thing I've ever heard of.

Attempt #4:
Last night, I fell asleep watching Titanic.  And then I did it again tonight.

Attempt #5:
Oh Richmond, I think I could fall in love with you. You are absolutely gorgeous. I even picked out a place for me to live.  It's this little yellow house, with an awesome front porch that I've driven past several times on my way to the library, which makes it even more perfect.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.