You've Been Chopped

So, my family really likes Chopped.  My parents, Erin, Bryan, and I decided to have our own Chopped competition, well without the whole chopped thing. We worked in teams and were assigned a course and 4 ingredients we had to include.  Overall, we were really happy with the meal.

Appetizer: Erin and Bryan
Ingredients: lemon cookie mix, canned salmon, Thin Mints, broccoli slaw.
They made a fish taco with a lemon cookie tortilla, broccoli slaw, and chocolate cocktail sauce.  If I'm totally honest, I was not excited to eat this.  But it was pretty dang good.


Entree to Dad (who had to work alone)
Ingredients: Smoked sausage, mango habanero sauce, jicama, refrigerator fruitcake.
Dad made hash two ways, one sweet and one savory. The sweet hash was apples and fruitcake with the mango habanero sauce and shredded jicama.  The savory had the sausage, jicama, and potatoes. Absolutely delicious.


Dessert:  Mother and myself
Ingredients:  Bitter oranges, canned strawberry pie filling, spaetzle, and chocolate fruit chews.
Mom and I made a parfait with an orange graham cracker crust, spaetzle vanilla pudding, strawberry sauce and chocolate crumble on top.



Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.