Snow Days

Robert Henri, "Snow in New York," 1902
Snow in Virginia kind of cracks me up. This crazy storm has turned this city crazy.  School and work have been cancelled. People stayed holed up in their houses. I get it. I didn't leave home today either. But a year ago when I was living in Utah, this weather would have meant that I had to leave for work a little earlier, and I'd actually bring gloves this time.

I'm not complaining about the way Virginia does snow.  It's kind of the best, given just how ridiculously cold it is outside. And cold weather feels much colder here than Utah.  Therefore, my day has consisted of catching up on The Bachelor, doing my laundry, Rachel doing my nails while we watch Safe Haven, two phone calls with my mother, and a soup that warmed me to the core.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.