Holding On









I don't think it's really a secret that moving here has been quite an experience for me.  Things I thought would be a cinch gave me some trouble, and the things I expected to be challenging lived up to my expectations.

But one thing I can say is I have definitely had to keep being Brave.

Participating in class.  Making friends with the other people in my program when some of them are more than twice my age.  Making friends with anyone, really.  Wearing my high-top sneakers without feeling silly.  Really owning my personality and being completely confident in who I am.  Trying to drive anywhere more than 3 miles away.  Being vulnerable and honest about this whole thing.  And being persistent through all of the discouragement.

At this point, I'm realizing that I could not have picked a better year to start being Brave.  I'm not sure I could do this without it.

Also, I have to say that taking these pictures was ridiculously fun.  Shout out to little Rachel for her mad photography skills, and to Virginia for being so gorgeous.

4 comments

  1. Awesome pictures Ally! I love your blog posts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. these pictures are perfect. you are a fashion blogger at heart. also, i like how long your hair has gotten. and i love the third to last one. such an allyson face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're the best! And so classy too! Lovin' the sweater! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, Allyson! I love that sweater.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.