A Do-Over


Yesterday was miserable.

From the very beginning to the very end.

About 2 o'clock in the afternoon I actually said out loud "This isn't working.  Let's start over.  I need a mulligan."

Unfortunately, the day had about 7 more hours of misery left.  By the time it was over, my eyes were ridiculously puffy, all my makeup was gone.  I hopped in a shower, where I continued crying because I didn't know what else to do.  I kept crying until I fell asleep around 9:30.

This morning, my alarm went off.  I got up, put on my workout clothes, and went for a run.  And as I ran (and it started to rain on me . . . ) I thought how do you bounce back?  How do you respond when you have the worst day ever, and then you go back to do it all over again?  I've been back from my run for a few hours now, and I'm still pondering that same question.

I guess you just do.  You look back at the to-do list you've set yourself with, pick the ones you want to accomplish today, and then say a long, sincere prayer to Heavenly Father that today will look nothing like yesterday. 

image via

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.