From my new town


I spent a fantastic week at my parents house in Florida, before Mom, Sister, and I drove up to Virginia.  Today we walked around campus, and I have a feeling I'm going to like it here.  I also have a feeling this is going to be nothing like the past three years. And that's okay.

These past few days haven't necessarily been easy. It seems that one moment I'm feeling fine and confident, and the next I'm fighting back tears and trying to keep my cool (usually failing miserably). I've said about a million prayers and I'm grateful that my Heavenly Father has answered every single one. I'm not entirely sure what I've been afraid of, but I do know that this experience is stretching me already further than I anticipated. Doubtless I'll have more hard days, but I'm pretty excited to see what I can do at the end of this thing.

5 comments

  1. Welcome to town.... Ping me when you get a chance and I'll introduce you to a few local favorites. -Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be amazing! I am so excited for your new adventure. I am sure there will be some scary times but soldier through and you will be stronger for it! Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so proud of you Allyson! Thanks for being such an example to me. You're the bravest person I know. Love you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It will get easier! I moved to Tallahassee under the same circumstances to start graduate school, and the first six months were tough -- everything was new, I missed my home, I didn't have many friends there, and graduate school itself was so different from my undergraduate experience. I am so grateful that Denise moved there at the same time! She and your family were huge blessings in my life. You can do this! Tell me about your classes!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.