Dancing for Days






For the past 7 weeks, I've been a camp counselor for BYU Dance Camps. While it was probably one of the harder things I've ever done and stretched me in ways I would not have even considered, it was also one of the most fulfilling and exciting experiences of the summer.  And so I present the things I learned (or re-learned) at Dance Camp:

Teenage girls do not know how to talk to boys (though, lets be real, I haven't mastered that either).

Vending machines are the answer when you're hungry late at night.

A job is so much more enjoyable when you have amazing co-workers.

Wanna make friends and lose your voice?  Play "This is a Spoon"

A little patience and genuinely listening goes a really long way.

Do your job.  And do it all the way, all of the time.

With a good attitude, you can make just about anything fun.

Chocolate milk should be paired with every meal.

Whatever your insecurities, you've gotta own it. It's yours and not anyone else's.

Dance is beautiful. This isn't new, just really reinforced watching these girls.

I'm pretty sure that I could go on for days. It was a great experience and made for a wonderful summer and tons of new friends. And I couldn't be more grateful for the chance.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.