Memorization

{via}

I'm in a history class about society in Europe.  The other day we were in class, talking about education of children in the early modern period.  My professor explained that learning in this period meant memorization.  You memorized everything from prayers and catechism to classics and just about anything else you were taught.

I actually love memorizing.  I have this thing were I randomly start quoting the Shakespeare or poetry I was forced to memorize in high school.  And don't even get me started on scripture mastery.

Is it elitist if I think you're smarter when you have things memorized?  Maybe.

Is that okay with me? Yes, yes it is.

3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. totes agree. allyson, i love you--you're like my intellectual twin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like how you memorize movies :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.