Remember 9-11



I love the word remember.  Isn't it beautiful that we can feel again what wee used to?  We can think about things and bring a new perspective.  At a funeral I went to a few years ago, one of the speakers made the comment, "it does us no good to think on the dead if we don't try to emulate them."  That has always stuck with me, and I think it has particular significance today as we remember September 11, 2001.

Today, I want to remember.  Remember the people who gave their lives for others.  Remember the people whose lives were taken without choice.  Remember the friends and family who have hurt and been healing.  Remember the stillness and solitude of the next morning.  Remember the flags appearing on mailboxes and the entire nation groaning with grief.  Remember the city skyline's reshaped.  Remember how grateful we are to live in the United States of America.  Remember your heroes and your loved ones.


Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.