This is the Start of Something Beautiful


Well, today I turned 20.  And you know, something actually feels different.  A few people asked me "how's it feel?" and I gave them the normal, "just like I did yesterday."  But the truth is something is different. Maybe it's because tomorrow is also the start of a new school year, but somehow I feel like a new woman.  Happy and confident and grateful and ready to try new things.

I'm determined to make this next year a beautiful one.  I know that I'm the one who gets to decide these things, and so I've decided to be a better person.  I think I've already posted this quote, but it's one of my favorites so I'm going to repeat it.  Judy Garland said, "Well, we have a whole new year ahead of us. And wouldn`t it be wonderful if we could all be a little more gentle with each other, and a little more loving, have a little more empathy, and maybe - next year at this time - we'd like each other a little more."

I love that. And that's what I'm going to do in my 21st year.




Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.