New York City

When I was in the 8th grade, I went to New York City with my family for Spring Break.  And I absolutely fell in love with the city.  Ever since, I've want to live there, just for a little while.  I've always liked the idea of living in the suburbs, but something about that city drives suburban life right out of my head.  What is it?

Is it the energy that seems to emanate from every surface?

Is it the taxi cabs and the sky-high buildings?

Is it Lady Liberty smiling at you from the Harbor?

Is it the millions of photo ops on every street?

Is the ridiculously good cheesecake?

Is it the Macy's department store that takes up an entire city block and is ten and a half stories?

Is it BROADWAY???

Is it riding the subway and walking miles every day?

Is it the New Yorker's complete disregard for traffic signals?

Is it Madison Square Garden and the constant reminder of Godzilla?

Is it Ground Zero that is somehow peaceful amid the bustle of the city?

Is it the people who love it so much?

Is it that Frank Sinatra plays in your head consistently, which is delightful?

All I'm saying is, start spreading the news . . .


Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.