Sundays

I love Sundays.
I love them for the long quiet mornings before church.
I love them for the scramble at the mirror with 6 girls and their curling irons, hair dryers, and makeup.
I love them for the poke in the eye with your mascara.
I love them for the dribbling of toothpaste down your carefully selected outfit.
I love them for the mile walk to church in high heels.
I love them for the opening hymns that nobody likes singing.
I love them for the awkward silences in testimony meeting.
I love them for ward prayer.
I love them because dinner always seems to taste better on Sundays.
I love them for naps after church.
I love them for the sacrament.
I love them for the rest and rejuvenation that they give me for the rest of the week.
I love Sundays.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.