HARRY POTTER!!!!!!!!!!

This week I went to the midnight premiere of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II.  Best. Movie. Ever! It was absolutely incredible...I may or may not have shed a few tears.  As a tribute to this beautiful series, here are my top ten moments from the Harry Potter books:

10) Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- Harry's first visit to Diagon Alley.  I love how excited he is, the outrageous description of that place.  It makes me excited to just think about it.

9) Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix- Fred and George setting off the fireworks.  It a combination of their brilliance and the teachers failure to help Umbridge that makes this part of the book so great.

8) Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban- Lupin and Sirius explain.  I like this part because its the first time Harry gets to really know anything specific about his father.  Plus, it totally took me by surprise.

7) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- Veritaserum.  This part answers all of the weird things that had happened this year, and I love Dumbledore's assessment, "You fail to recognize it matters not what a man is born, but what he grows to be."

6) Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire- Priori Incantatem.  Harry gets to see his parents, which we know from the first book is the thing he wants more than anything else in the world.

5) Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets- Setting Dobby free.  I love this part because it shows us the kind of person Harry is.  Already at age 12, he is kind and understands the value of the individual.  And who doesn't absolutely love Dobby?

4) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Dudley's goodbye.  I was never particularly fond of Dudley; to be honest, I hardly ever noticed him.  But I thought his final goodbye to Harry was so sweet.

3) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Kreacher's Tale.  I love the tender way Harry, Ron, and Hermione treat him and the change it creates in Kreacher's life.

2) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Snape's Memories.  What a beautiful tribute to an incredibly brave man.

1) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows- Kings Cross.  Harry's conversation with Dumbledore encompasses all of the themes of the books.  It reinforces the differences between Harry and Voldemort and the power of love in an individuals life.

Now, I have to say that there is not a moment in any of the books that I don't love.  They are some of the best books I've ever read and I will always love them.  Goodbye Harry, its been real.

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.