Reflection

My, this year has flown by and in a few days I will be on my way back home to beautiful Florida.  As I thought about the past two semesters and all the craziness I endured, I made a list (you know I love lists :) of....stuff.

  • Sidney:  Sidney is one of my fabulous roommates.  Our other roommate, Heidi, is hardly ever home, on account that she has a boyfriend, so Sidney and I have had lots of time to get to know each other.  She has become one of my very best friends.  This past week at church we had a testimony meeting and she got up to speak.  She talked about how our relationship has helped her and to be honest, it made me cry. I was doing really well up until that point, but somehow realizing that this was our last week as roomies was pretty tough.  We aren't living together next year so it will be different without my friend to help me out.  Love you Sid!
  • Heidi:  Heidi is hilarious.  Recently I haven't seen her a whole lot, but every time I do, she puts a smile on my face.  I wish her the best of luck-- she'll be having some adventures rather soon ;)
  • Ice cream:  every problem in the entire world can be solved with ice cream.  I'm convinced that there would be peace in the Middle East if they would all sit down with a giant bowl of Rocky Road.
  • Walks:  There have been many a night I left my apartment just to take a walk around my apartment complex.  Somehow things seem simpler in the darkness when its just you and your thoughts.  For a little while, I feel relaxed.  And of course, walks are always nice when you're walking with someone you like.
  • Day's Market:  So some random nights, Sidney and I decide to drive down to Days Market.  Its a grocery store in Provo thats kind of a hidden treasure in that its usually pretty empty and its a pretty awesome grocery store.  Kinda reminds me of Publix for you southerners.  Anyway, our adventures at Days have been some of my favorite memories since coming out to school.
  • The Cave:  On the fourth floor of the library, behind the juvenile literature section, there is a hallway which leads to an emergency exit.  At the end of this hallway is what I call "the cave".  Its my own little study corner where nobody goes.  I sit on the floor, plug in my laptop and go to town.  I love it back there, but recently some other people have discovered the cave, thus making it less caveish.  I guess next semester I'll have to find a new cave...
  • Tangled:  I love Tangled.....and thats all I have to say about it.
Its been an amazing year :)

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Words by Allyson. Theme by STS.